I’m not in the habit of blogging, and I’m now resolving to change that. There are too many interesting things happening and being caused in my life for me to be content to continue to be stingy and not share them. Please yell at me at andrew dot hoppin AT gmail dot com if you catch me not blogging cool things for too long from now on.
So, without further ado, here’s what I’m excited about:
- The explosive growth of CivicSpace, Drupal, and the economy around the CivicSpace platform; we just discovered through a new Google search methodology that there are over 2,000 CivicSpace sites out there– not the 300+ we previously knew of– not to mention the vast array of the 50,000+ Drupal sites out there that use code we’ve helped to develop for Drupal
- November 8th, 2005; the beginning of the new beginning
- The raft of progressive and Progressive enterprises newly minted with our help: AloNovo, GoodStorm, Adina, IronWeed, New Progressive Coalition, etc.
- The phenomenal growth of new Web 2.0 enabled progressive grassroots communities: BuyBlue, CrossLeft, Drinking Liberally, etc.
- Warp Drive
- Lichen in space
- What’s next for the XPrize
- People being great to one another; no great links for that one, but ping me with any suggestions
- Going home over Tgiving